The venture offers a nationwide concentrate on psychological health and suicide prevention for individuals from culturally and linguistically numerous (CALD) backgrounds.
Building on the essential work of earlier nationwide multicultural psychological health tasks – together with the MHiMA and the Multicultural Mental Health Australia undertaking – the brand new nationwide multicultural psychological health challenge goals to help psychological health service suppliers to enhance cultural responsiveness and accessibility.
The key aims of the undertaking are to:
• Increase participation of shoppers and carers from CALD backgrounds in psychological health providers,
• Improve outcomes for CALD psychological health shoppers, carers and their households,
• Increase psychological health consciousness, information and capability in CALD communities, and
• Improve cultural responsiveness and variety of the psychological health workforce.
Mental Health Australia will companion with the Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Council of Australia (FECCA), and the National Ethnic Disability Alliance (NEDA) to ship the undertaking.
The venture might be knowledgeable by:
• An Alliance of representatives from Mental Health Australia, FECCA and NEDA, in addition to CALD psychological health shopper and carer representatives,
• A CALD psychological health shopper and carer group, composed of representatives from every state and territory,
• A Stakeholder Group, consisting of representatives with multicultural psychological health experience and hyperlinks to CALD communities.
The challenge is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health.
Project employees, along with shoppers, carers and stakeholders, will work to additional develop and plan the implementation of The Framework for Mental Health in Multicultural Australia. This framework was developed to assist organisations and people consider thier cultural responsiveness and improve supply of providers for CALD communities.
To study extra concerning the framework, click on under to observe a brief video:
Further improvement and implementation of the framework will probably be a key exercise of the nationwide multicultural psychological health undertaking. Other preliminary actions embrace:
• Establishing challenge governing and advisory buildings
• Recruiting challenge employees
• Developing a 2018-19 Activity Work Plan
• Establishing a challenge communication and engagement technique, together with a naming and branding exercise
Project actions have just lately commenced and will probably be accomplished by 31 December 2020.
A last venture report is due 31 March 2021.
Further details about the challenge shall be out there as soon as the 2018-19 Activity Work Plan has been agreed.
You can discover out extra by viewing Mental Health Australia’s media release about the launch of the Project, or the Minister for Health’s media announcement.