The excellent news is you possibly can have your cheesecake and a healthy intestine too. Here’s how to whip up a probiotic dessert that’s good for you and your stomach.
Summer is the time for exercising, consuming lighter and Instagramming your epic raw dessert creations.
While it sounds too good to be true, right here’s a recipe for a gut-loving healthy, raw, vegan probiotic cheesecake created by Felicity Evans, writer of Probiotic Drinks at Home (Murdoch) and founding father of the probiotic beverage firm Imbibe Living. Make positive you make it, publish it and eat it earlier than summer time is over.
Base layer elements:
- 1 ½ cup raw cashew nuts, soaked round 2 hours in water kefir (both retailer purchased or hand-crafted)
- 1 ½ cups dates
- half cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp hibiscus powder
Middle layer elements:
- 2 x bananas
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked round 2 hours in water kefir (both retailer purchased or hand-crafted)
- 100ml lemon juice (juice from approx 2 lemons)
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup honey (optionally available)
- four drops lemon important oil (optionally available)
Top layer elements:
- ½ cup water kefir (both retailer purchased or selfmade)
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tbsp hibiscus powder
- First, begin on the bottom layer. Remove the cashew nuts from the water kefir liquid they’re soaking in, and discard the surplus liquid. In a food processor, mix all elements till they’re good and gooey.
- In a lined cake tin, round 10cms, press within the base combination, and place into the freezer to set when you work on the subsequent layer. Clean out the bowl of the food processor.
- For the center layer, take away the cashew nuts from the water kefir liquid they’re soaking in, and discard the surplus liquid. Place into the food processor and add the remaining components. Blitz all components till mild and fluffy.
- Pull your base layer out from the freezer and utilizing a spatula, unfold round half of this center layer combination onto your base layer. Place into the freezer.
- For the highest layer, use the reserved combination and add the subsequent elements (water kefir, strawberries and hibiscus powder) and blitz till clean.
- Pull the par-frozen cheesecake from the freezer and pour onto the center layer, then place your completed cheesecake again into the freezer.
- Your raw probiotic cheesecake is prepared as soon as the highest layer is agency to the contact – in a single day is greatest. Garnish with lemon zest, recent strawberries and edible flowers.
Note: The probiotic raw vegan cheesecake that includes hibiscus, strawberry and lemon ought to final up to four weeks within the freezer.